Many writers come to me because they’re simply not writing anymore.
They want to write — they can’t think of anything they want more — but they’re not doing it.
Somehow, even though they know that not writing is much more painful than writing, they continue to resist.
Overcoming resistance is one of the reasons I created the Story Course.
When I look back on some of the feedback I’ve received from students, I see a pattern.
The Story Course helps students reconnect with, relearn, and reinvigorate their writing.
Today, I’m pleased to share 10 ways my students’ writing lives have changed.
- I haven’t written (creatively) in a long time, and I can’t figure out why. All of a sudden, just by being here, I’m starting to write again, and most importantly, I’m feeling excited about it. — Diane Fleming
- This beautiful, lovingly created, masterful program helped me connect deeply with my voice, restore my love of and relationship with writing, and understand the craft of writing in a nuanced, full bodied way. It’s the best gift I could have offered myself and my writing life. — Jill Goodacre
- The Story Course was my lifeline back into writing after a long defeating dry spell a few years back. So, so happy I stumbled into such a supportive and vibrant community. — Lindsey Smith
- The Story Course is for you if writing has become that friend you haven’t called for a while, that friend you love but don’t see nearly as often as you would like, that friend you have tea with every week but would love to know better. I am so glad that I took the risk and asked writing out for tea. — Cecelia Moorcroft
- I teach creative writing in a high school, but I felt like my own writing was getting to be a chore and feeling a bit stale. I’m on Lesson Three now, and I’m finding I’m excited every day to set aside some time for my own writing. The writing just spills out. — Kerry Craven
- The best changes I’ve seen in my writing process since finishing the Story Course: I don’t complain about writing, I don’t fear writing, I have fun writing, and I’m energized by writing. The best thing I can say about it is that I’m happy now every single time I write. — Michelle Flythe
- The Story Course is meeting a deep need that writers have: to create freely enough that they can get really good. So many writers stop themselves because they have super-high standards. Sarah’s program acknowledges your desire to write high-quality stories like the ones she includes in the readings, and she shows you how to gently bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be. — Alison Gresik
- I am enjoying the work immensely. It has somehow instilled some crazy confidence that allowed me to say “I’m a writer” out loud just the other day. — Kathy Martens
- I’ve been dealing with writer’s block. Every time I try to write, I feel almost frozen by my self judgments and self doubts. I signed up for this class hoping I will carve my way out of this block. With this class I have bored holes through it and am finding my inner voice again. — V. C Ford
- I have never felt that my works were ready for publication — that they needed something more to help them stand out amongst a sea of mediocre. In Lesson One of the Story Course, I revisited and experimented with freewriting, and I have learned that writing organically might be just what is missing in my own work. I am re-evaluating my writing and allowing the creative drive to take me in different directions. — Julie Martin
Are you ready to change your writing life?
Photo (top): le vy on Pexels